Kristian Saucier, the former U.S. Navy sailor who served a year behind bars for taking photos of classified areas in a nuclear submarine, has been pardoned, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Friday.
Saucier recently received a letter from the Department of Justice saying it was taking a new look at his request for a pardon. Although he was released from jail last year, he remained under house arrest.
Trump had denounced the government’s handling of Saucier’s case, calling it a political move and saying it contrasted with the velvet-gloved response to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s mismanagement of classified information through a private server.
“The president has pardoned Kristian Saucier, a Navy submariner,” Sanders said in a press briefing Friday afternoon. “Mr. Saucier was 22 years old at the time of his offenses and has served out his 12-months sentence. He has been recognized by his fellow service members for his dedication, skill and patriotic spirit.”
“While serving, he regularly mentored younger sailors and served as an instructor for new recruits. The sentencing judge found that Mr. Saucier’s offense stands in contrast to his commendable military service. The president is appreciative of Mr. Saucier’s service to the country.”
Saucier was in disbelief when he learned Friday that Trump had granted him a pardon, his wife, Sadie, told Fox News.
“It hasn’t set in, honestly,” she said. “I called him at work and told him, and all he could say was ‘What? What?’ I said: ‘Honey, we’re normal now. We can have a normal life, be a normal family.’ He doesn’t have to wear an ankle bracelet anymore.”
Saucier’s attorney praised Trump for doing what, in his words, the Obama administration had neglected to do.
“We’re so excited,” Ronald Daigle, the attorney, told Fox News. “This is going to change his life. He’ll be able to find employment, he’ll be able to carry on with his life. We can’t believe it.”
“We are so grateful for our president for this,” Daigle said. “We’ve been passed over by the previous administration, and this president took the time to look into this matter and made the right decision, in our view.”
Saucier, who served as a machinist’s mate aboard the USS Alexandria from 2007 to 2012, used his cellphone to photograph parts of the submarine’s nuclear propulsion system while it was docked at the Naval Submarine Base in Groton, Conn.
Saucier, who has a 2-year-old daughter, began his sentence in October 2016 at the Federal Medical Center at Fort Devens, Mass. He was released a year later, though he was placed under house arrest.
He was convicted of unauthorized retention of national defense information, which is a felony, and received an “other-than-honorable” discharge from the Navy. He faced a possible 10 years in jail, his lawyers said.
IT’S OVER: Trump Just Released His First Re-Election Campaign Ad & it’s Going Viral
President Trump tweeted out what is seemingly the first re-election campaign ad for 2020 and it went viral overnight. This will give you chills.
It’s about 2 minutes long and it starts by playing audio of President Trump’s 2016 campaign promises from different speeches. Then, it shows the images of him keeping these promises.
Then, in the final minute of the video, you hear President Trump deliver a message directly to the “forgotten man” and “forgotten women” in a truly emotional way that sums up President Trump and the patriots who support him.
Never ever ever give up. Never stop fighting for what you believe in, and for the people who care about you.
Carry yourself with dignity and pride.
Relish the opportunity to be an outsider. Embrace that label because it’s the outsiders who change the world and who make a real and lasting difference.
Treat the word impossible as nothing more than motivation.
I am asking all citizens to embrace this renewal of the American spirit. Seize this moment. Believe in yourselves. Believe in your future. And believe once more in America.
I will fight for you with every breath in my body. And I will never ever let you down.
The forgotten man and the forgotten woman. You’re not forgotten anymore.”
Al Sharpton Doesn’t Rule Out Running For President, Criticizes Trump
Rev. Al Sharpton, one of the most visible figures of Black Lives Matter, has not ruled out running for president in 2020.
Sharpton said he wasn’t currently exploring a presidential run but did not rule out running, BuzzFeed News reported Tuesday.
“I never rule anything out,” Sharpton said.
Sharpton was in Florida Sunday leading protests against Florida’s stand your ground laws after the death of Markeis McGlockton. Michael Drejka shot and killed McGlockton in July. Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri did not charge Drejka due to Drejka claiming he feared for his life.
Sharpton has been highly critical of President Donald Trump, calling him a racist at a Sunday rally because Trump stumped for Republican Rep. Ron DeSantis of Florida and didn’t mention McGlockton’s name.
“You want to know why we call you a racist? [You] talk like a racist and you walk like a racist and you act like a racist!” Sharpton said at the rally, according to BuzzFeed News.
Sharpton also criticized Pastor Darrell Scott, who called Trump “the most pro-black president that we’ve had in our lifetime,” on Aug. 3. He also argued that black ministers were cowards for not bringing up McGlockton’s name when they visited the White House that day.
“I won’t bow to Pharaoh, and I won’t bow to Donald Trump,” Sharpton said.
If Sharpton were to run, he would join a crowded Democratic primary. Sen. Kamala Harris of California, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York and former Vice President Joe Biden are just a few high-profile Democrats who have hinted at running for the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
Sharpton has run for office before. He ran for the Senate three times in the 1980s and 1990s and the presidency in 2004.
Antifa Thugs Furious After Police Release Their Pics — Let’s Make Them Famous!
Police in Berkeley, California and Portland, Oregon, arrested several members of Antifa over the weekend. Now, the Berkeley Police Department has released the names and headshots of many of the individuals arrested during a Sunday protest, posting their pictures and making the unhinged leftists furious. Let’s make these fools famous!
According to The Daily Caller, police in Berkeley released the names and headshots on Twitter of several people arrested during a Sunday protest, and Antifa and its allies are not pleased. The Berkeley Police Department published the information for 15 out of 20 individuals they arrested, resulting in much criticism from left-wing activists. Berkeley Police’s tweets included arrested individuals’ names, ages, city of residence, as well as the charge on which they were arrested.
The arrests were made at a Sunday event billed as a “No to Marxism in Berkeley” rally by conservative activists. What should have been a peaceful demonstration, however, was disrupted by Antifa members hell-bent on breaking the law.
Before the rally, the city issued broad rules prohibiting “weapons” in the area and “anything … that can be used for a ‘riot’.” Officials also banned protesters from wearing masks. As usual, though, the Antifa failed to follow these rules, and thus, many of them were arrested.
Jason Wallach, 41-year-old male from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Kate Brenner, 69-year-old female from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Kristen Edith Koster, 50-year-old female from Berkeley, charged with possession of a dangerous weapon.
Maria Lewis, 29-year-old female from Emeryville, charged with carrying a banned weapon and working with others to commit a crime.
Thomas Parker, 22-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with working with others to commit a crime
Caitlin Boyle, 27-year-old female from Oakland, charged with working with others to commit a crime.
Blake Griffith, 29-year-old male from Oakland, charged with vandalism.
Sarena Perez, 39-year-old female from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
David Chou, 26-year-old male from Santa Cruz, charged with possession of a banned weapon and working with others to commit a crime.
Freddy Martinez, 31-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with battery.
Ericka Sokolower-Shain, 28-year-old female from Berkeley, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Javier Cruz-O’Connell, 22-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Jamie Hill, 30-year-old female from Emeryville, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Bella Podolsky, 27-year-old female from San Francisco, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Andres Gonzalez, 35-year-old male from Oakland, charged with five counts of carrying a banned weapon.
Jeffrey Garten, 28-year-old male, from Oakland, charged with a single count of carrying a banned weapon.
The Guardian, which was among the left-leaning outlets that were clearly disgusted by the Berkeley Police Department’s move to release the Antifas’ names and headshots, reported:
Berkeley police have arrested more than a dozen anti-fascist activists and posted their names and photos on Twitter, raising concerns that the department was encouraging harassment and abuse.
Law enforcement’s unusual decision to immediately publicize the personal information and faces of arrested leftwing demonstrators on social media has sparked intense backlash. Critics have accused police of aiding the far right and endangering counter-protesters with “public shaming” and targeted arrests for alleged minor offenses.
The California police agency said it had arrested 20 people on Sunday at an “alt-right” rally, citing many of them for “possession of a banned weapon” or “working with others to commit a crime”. Most, if not all, of the people arrested were counter protesters, according to lawyers and activists working with demonstrators.
The department posted many of their names, photos and cities of residence on its official Twitter account on Sunday before anyone was formally charged. As of early Monday afternoon, a spokesperson for the local district attorney told the Guardian that Berkeley police had not yet brought the cases to prosecutors for consideration.
“This is very disturbing,” said Veena Dubal, a University of California law professor and former Berkeley police review commissioner. “It seems like a public-shaming exercise, which is not the role of the police department … They are making it really accessible for folks who might wish these people harm to locate them.”
Uncategorized8 months ago
Anonymous Releases Bone-Chilling Video of Huma Abedin
Uncategorized8 months ago
Tragic Announcement About Trump Children
Uncategorized7 months ago
U.S. owes black people reparations for a history of ‘racial terrorism,’ says U.N. panel
Uncategorized4 months ago
Do You Support Trump Repealing Obama’s Transgender Bathroom Laws
Uncategorized3 months ago
ABC Considers Firing Whoopi Goldberg For Spitting In Jeanine Pirro’s Face
Uncategorized4 months ago
BREAKING: $1.8 BIL Of Soros’ Money Just Intercepted – He Could Officially Go To Prison For Years
Uncategorized4 months ago
New Poll Finds That The Majority Side With Trump… Are You One Of Them?OPEN LINK AND VOTE
Uncategorized7 months ago
Democrat Lawyer Has Had Enough Clinton Corruption, Exposes Election Theft On National Stage