Connect with us

Uncategorized

TOP NASCAR Venue Tells Anti-Gun Nuts To Screw Off – Gives NRA AWESOME Gift!

Published

on

I t is a well-known fact that many NASCAR fans are also lovers of the 2nd Amendment and their right to self-defense. Many also happen to be members of the National Rifle Association (NRA). After more than a dozen companies cut ties with the NRA in the wake of the Valentine’s Day shooting at a school in Parkland, Florida many gun control advocates are demandingNASCAR follow suit at the upcoming race in Bristol, Tennessee. The deadly school shooting left 17 students and faculty members of Margory Stoneman High School dead and many others wounded.

Bristol is home to one of NASCAR’s marquee races and the NRA is a co-sponsor of its annual “night race.” Naturally, Bristol Motor Speedway told the leftist gun control crowd that would be a no-can-do and held firm to its commitment to continue the partnership with the NRA. Naturally, the left is angry. Currently, the parent company of Bristol Motor Speedway, Speedway Motorsports, Inc., offers a discount program to purchase race tickets for NRA members. They plan to continue this discount program through the 2018 race year.

The 0.533-mile track is located just a few miles south of the Virginia state line and hosts two NASCAR races per year, as well as several other events that provide revenue and jobs to the local area, as well as entertainment. Later this spring, Bristol Motor Speedway also plans to host its annual daytime cup race known as the Food City 500. They have announced they plan to continue to partner with Bass Pro Shops and the NRA for its August 18 race under the lights with the August race being dubbed the Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race since the origination of the partnership in 2016.

Companies like Best Western, Delta Airlines, Hertz, and United Airlines have recently ended their discount programs with the NRA. Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart also announced this week their stores would no longer sell firearms to anyone under the age of 21. However, some states are striking back as Georgia did with Delta Airlines by revoking some $40 million in tax credits from the state.

Speedway Management said in a statement to USA Today – “This has been a good long-standing partnership and we plan to continue.” This should come as no surprise as current NRA First Vice President Richard Childress is also a NASCAR team owner and former driver.

Both the NRA and Bass Pro Shops have sponsored the night race at Bristol since 2016. Previous sponsors of the event include companies such as – Irwin Tools, Sharpie and Goody’s Headache Powder. Childress has announced his own support of NASCAR stating the organization made the “right decision” to let the NRA co-sponsor the race making note that “many fans are supporters” of the organization.

Childress said in a statement of his own – “Racing fans and NRA members treasure their freedom and outdoor heritage, and the Night Race is where we go to celebrate that love of freedom, love of the shooting sports, and love of the great outdoors.”

Yahoo Sports reports of the controversial partnership –

“The NRA previously sponsored a Cup race before it became a sponsor at Bristol. And its sponsorship then was controversial.

In 2013, two weeks after the sport rallied around a tribute car for grade schoolers killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Texas Motor Speedway announced that the NRA would sponsor its April race. At the time, TMS president Eddie Gossage said he didn’t see any correlation between what happened at Sandy Hook and the NRA. Texas is also owned by SMI.

However, the sponsorship put NASCAR squarely into the gun control debate that was happening at the time, much like it is currently. Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy (D), even wrote a letter asking for the NRA 500 to have a different sponsor.

NASCAR said then that Texas’ agreement with the NRA had been approved by the sport, though the sanctioning body would take a closer look at sponsor agreements going forward. That closer look obviously didn’t prevent the NRA from returning in a co-sponsor capacity at Bristol three years later. NASCAR officially declined comment to Yahoo Sports and referred to the track regarding the race sponsorship.

The announcement of the Bristol sponsorship in the fall of 2015 included a statement from Richard Childress Racing team owner Richard Childress, who is a high-ranking member of the NRA. The announcement highlighted the outdoor sports and conservation aspect of the sponsorship and noted that the NRA and NASCAR have large overlapping demographics.

“The iconic nature of The Night Race and the natural beauty of our region create the perfect opportunity to highlight conservation on a national stage,” Bristol general manager Jerry Caldwell said in a statement announcing the sponsorship. “Hunters and sporting enthusiasts attend NASCAR races in droves. We share the same customers and that makes this a well-suited partnership.”

The NRA has served as an associate sponsor for Childress’ race teams previously. The sport has separate approval processes for race and team sponsorships.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

IT’S OVER: Trump Just Released His First Re-Election Campaign Ad & it’s Going Viral

Published

on

By

President Trump tweeted out what is seemingly the first re-election campaign ad for 2020 and it went viral overnight. This will give you chills.

It’s about 2 minutes long and it starts by playing audio of President Trump’s 2016 campaign promises from different speeches. Then, it shows the images of him keeping these promises.

Then, in the final minute of the video, you hear President Trump deliver a message directly to the “forgotten man” and “forgotten women” in a truly emotional way that sums up President Trump and the patriots who support him.

Never ever ever give up. Never stop fighting for what you believe in, and for the people who care about you.

Carry yourself with dignity and pride.

Relish the opportunity to be an outsider. Embrace that label because it’s the outsiders who change the world and who make a real and lasting difference.

Treat the word impossible as nothing more than motivation.

I am asking all citizens to embrace this renewal of the American spirit. Seize this moment. Believe in yourselves. Believe in your future. And believe once more in America.

I will fight for you with every breath in my body. And I will never ever let you down.

The forgotten man and the forgotten woman. You’re not forgotten anymore.”

 

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Al Sharpton Doesn’t Rule Out Running For President, Criticizes Trump

Published

on

By

Rev. Al Sharpton, one of the most visible figures of Black Lives Matter, has not ruled out running for president in 2020.

Sharpton said he wasn’t currently exploring a presidential run but did not rule out running, BuzzFeed News reported Tuesday.
“I never rule anything out,” Sharpton said.

Sharpton was in Florida Sunday leading protests against Florida’s stand your ground laws after the death of Markeis McGlockton. Michael Drejka shot and killed McGlockton in July. Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri did not charge Drejka due to Drejka claiming he feared for his life.

Sharpton has been highly critical of President Donald Trump, calling him a racist at a Sunday rally because Trump stumped for Republican Rep. Ron DeSantis of Florida and didn’t mention McGlockton’s name.

“You want to know why we call you a racist? [You] talk like a racist and you walk like a racist and you act like a racist!” Sharpton said at the rally, according to BuzzFeed News.
Sharpton also criticized Pastor Darrell Scott, who called Trump “the most pro-black president that we’ve had in our lifetime,” on Aug. 3. He also argued that black ministers were cowards for not bringing up McGlockton’s name when they visited the White House that day.

“I won’t bow to Pharaoh, and I won’t bow to Donald Trump,” Sharpton said.

If Sharpton were to run, he would join a crowded Democratic primary. Sen. Kamala Harris of California, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York and former Vice President Joe Biden are just a few high-profile Democrats who have hinted at running for the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
Sharpton has run for office before. He ran for the Senate three times in the 1980s and 1990s and the presidency in 2004.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Antifa Thugs Furious After Police Release Their Pics — Let’s Make Them Famous!

Published

on

By

Police in Berkeley, California and Portland, Oregon, arrested several members of Antifa over the weekend. Now, the Berkeley Police Department has released the names and headshots of many of the individuals arrested during a Sunday protest, posting their pictures and making the unhinged leftists furious. Let’s make these fools famous!

According to The Daily Caller, police in Berkeley released the names and headshots on Twitter of several people arrested during a Sunday protest, and Antifa and its allies are not pleased. The Berkeley Police Department published the information for 15 out of 20 individuals they arrested, resulting in much criticism from left-wing activists. Berkeley Police’s tweets included arrested individuals’ names, ages, city of residence, as well as the charge on which they were arrested.

The arrests were made at a Sunday event billed as a “No to Marxism in Berkeley” rally by conservative activists. What should have been a peaceful demonstration, however, was disrupted by Antifa members hell-bent on breaking the law.

Before the rally, the city issued broad rules prohibiting “weapons” in the area and “anything … that can be used for a ‘riot’.” Officials also banned protesters from wearing masks. As usual, though, the Antifa failed to follow these rules, and thus, many of them were arrested.

Jason Wallach, 41-year-old male from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Kate Brenner, 69-year-old female from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Kristen Edith Koster, 50-year-old female from Berkeley, charged with possession of a dangerous weapon.
Maria Lewis, 29-year-old female from Emeryville, charged with carrying a banned weapon and working with others to commit a crime.
Thomas Parker, 22-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with working with others to commit a crime
Caitlin Boyle, 27-year-old female from Oakland, charged with working with others to commit a crime.
Blake Griffith, 29-year-old male from Oakland, charged with vandalism.
Sarena Perez, 39-year-old female from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
David Chou, 26-year-old male from Santa Cruz, charged with possession of a banned weapon and working with others to commit a crime.
Freddy Martinez, 31-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with battery.
Ericka Sokolower-Shain, 28-year-old female from Berkeley, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Javier Cruz-O’Connell, 22-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Jamie Hill, 30-year-old female from Emeryville, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Bella Podolsky, 27-year-old female from San Francisco, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Andres Gonzalez, 35-year-old male from Oakland, charged with five counts of carrying a banned weapon.
Jeffrey Garten, 28-year-old male, from Oakland, charged with a single count of carrying a banned weapon.
The Guardian, which was among the left-leaning outlets that were clearly disgusted by the Berkeley Police Department’s move to release the Antifas’ names and headshots, reported:

Berkeley police have arrested more than a dozen anti-fascist activists and posted their names and photos on Twitter, raising concerns that the department was encouraging harassment and abuse.

Law enforcement’s unusual decision to immediately publicize the personal information and faces of arrested leftwing demonstrators on social media has sparked intense backlash. Critics have accused police of aiding the far right and endangering counter-protesters with “public shaming” and targeted arrests for alleged minor offenses.

The California police agency said it had arrested 20 people on Sunday at an “alt-right” rally, citing many of them for “possession of a banned weapon” or “working with others to commit a crime”. Most, if not all, of the people arrested were counter protesters, according to lawyers and activists working with demonstrators.

The department posted many of their names, photos and cities of residence on its official Twitter account on Sunday before anyone was formally charged. As of early Monday afternoon, a spokesperson for the local district attorney told the Guardian that Berkeley police had not yet brought the cases to prosecutors for consideration.

“This is very disturbing,” said Veena Dubal, a University of California law professor and former Berkeley police review commissioner. “It seems like a public-shaming exercise, which is not the role of the police department … They are making it really accessible for folks who might wish these people harm to locate them.”

 

Continue Reading




Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress. Shared by Themes24x7