First Lady Melania Trump shined as she arrived in Belgium with her husband, President Donald Trump. Landing in the nearby Belgian capital of Brussels last night, the couple is visiting Europe for the NATO Summit in what is expected to be a confrontational encounter. President Trump is on a mission to boost spending by other NATO members.
The picture of elegance as always, Melania stepped out in a stylish structured navy blue dress by designer Calvin Klein, with the skirt falling just below her knees. Hair loose and down as is her normal style and sporting her trademark Christian Louboutin stilettos with the featured the trademark red soles, Melania did not disappoint fashion fans eager to see what she would wear on her much-anticipated trip abroad.
She showed no signs of jet lag as she arrived at the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel in Waterloo, Belgium on Tuesday. Spouses of NATO leaders attended a piano and violin concert, while President Trump and other world leaders were otherwise engaged in negotiations that could be vitally important to the future economic health of America.
Melania was in the company of the spouses of other world leaders, sitting beside fellow First Lady, Brigitte Macron. Also joining her was Emine Erdogan, wife of Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, President of Turkey. They were welcomed at the music center by Amelie Derbaudrenghien, the partner of Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel, and Ingrid Schulerud, the wife of NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg.
While Melania was outshining the wives of other heads of state, President Trump was out negotiating them.
President Trump has repeatedly spoken out about the what a bad deal NATO is for America and came out swinging regarding the hypocrisy of NATO’s goal to protect countries from Russia while at the same time making energy deals with the nation.
NATO is also known as the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. It was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and several Western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union. NATO was the first peacetime military alliance the United States entered into outside of the Western Hemisphere.
Except it has not worked out quite like that with America bearing the brunt of the costs. Meanwhile, the craven, stingy European members of NATO boast a measly 16 of 22 members on budget for their agreed upon military spending under the agreement. He has also recently called out various member states for not living up to a 2014 pledge to reach two percent of GDP on defense by 2024 — only three European countries have reached the mark.
Last month President Trump issued formal warnings in letters sent to leaders whose countries are not living up to their NATO defense spending pledges, saying that the US could cut them off while further questioning why Washington should spend money to protect nations it is running a trade deficit with, raising the issue of the potential for using this a bargaining chip in trade talks.
Washington currently spends roughly 70% of its defense budget on NATO according to U.S. officials. President Trump has repeatedly made the point that having an alliance means a shared investment as well as a shared interest.
President Trump tweeted on Tuesday echoing earlier posts on Twitter in days prior. The sentiment he shared matched the criticisms he listed at a rally of supporters in Montana last week, in which he said that Washington was unfairly carrying almost all the cost of defending Europe.
President Trump pulled no punches, when speaking to Stoltenberg at a breakfast, blasting Germany for a pipeline project that he said made Germany “totally controlled by Russia.”
The president was calling out the planned Nord Stream 2 pipeline from Russia to Germany’s northeastern Baltic coast. This pipeline would bypass Eastern European nations and double the amount of gas that Russia can pipe directly to Germany. The pipeline already has significant opponents among some NATO nations.
He stated – “So we’re supposed to protect you against Russia but they’re paying billions of dollars to Russia and I think that’s very in inappropriate and the former Chancellor of Germany is the head of the pipeline company that is supplying the gas. Ultimately, Germany will have almost 70% of their country controlled by Russia with natural gas. So you tell me, is that appropriate? I’ve been complaining about this from the time I got in.”
President Trump then asked the obvious question – “They’ll say wait a minute we’re supposed to be protecting you from Russia but why are you paying billions of dollars to Russia for energy? Why are countries in NATO, namely Germany having a large percentage of their energy needs paid to Russia and taken care of by Russia?”
President Trump is quite right that America’s NATO allies, particularly Germany and Canada, do not spend anywhere near enough on defense. Germany reportedly has less than twenty operational tanks at this current time, while Canada’s armed forces are smaller than the current New York City police department.
IT’S OVER: Trump Just Released His First Re-Election Campaign Ad & it’s Going Viral
President Trump tweeted out what is seemingly the first re-election campaign ad for 2020 and it went viral overnight. This will give you chills.
It’s about 2 minutes long and it starts by playing audio of President Trump’s 2016 campaign promises from different speeches. Then, it shows the images of him keeping these promises.
Then, in the final minute of the video, you hear President Trump deliver a message directly to the “forgotten man” and “forgotten women” in a truly emotional way that sums up President Trump and the patriots who support him.
Never ever ever give up. Never stop fighting for what you believe in, and for the people who care about you.
Carry yourself with dignity and pride.
Relish the opportunity to be an outsider. Embrace that label because it’s the outsiders who change the world and who make a real and lasting difference.
Treat the word impossible as nothing more than motivation.
I am asking all citizens to embrace this renewal of the American spirit. Seize this moment. Believe in yourselves. Believe in your future. And believe once more in America.
I will fight for you with every breath in my body. And I will never ever let you down.
The forgotten man and the forgotten woman. You’re not forgotten anymore.”
Al Sharpton Doesn’t Rule Out Running For President, Criticizes Trump
Rev. Al Sharpton, one of the most visible figures of Black Lives Matter, has not ruled out running for president in 2020.
Sharpton said he wasn’t currently exploring a presidential run but did not rule out running, BuzzFeed News reported Tuesday.
“I never rule anything out,” Sharpton said.
Sharpton was in Florida Sunday leading protests against Florida’s stand your ground laws after the death of Markeis McGlockton. Michael Drejka shot and killed McGlockton in July. Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri did not charge Drejka due to Drejka claiming he feared for his life.
Sharpton has been highly critical of President Donald Trump, calling him a racist at a Sunday rally because Trump stumped for Republican Rep. Ron DeSantis of Florida and didn’t mention McGlockton’s name.
“You want to know why we call you a racist? [You] talk like a racist and you walk like a racist and you act like a racist!” Sharpton said at the rally, according to BuzzFeed News.
Sharpton also criticized Pastor Darrell Scott, who called Trump “the most pro-black president that we’ve had in our lifetime,” on Aug. 3. He also argued that black ministers were cowards for not bringing up McGlockton’s name when they visited the White House that day.
“I won’t bow to Pharaoh, and I won’t bow to Donald Trump,” Sharpton said.
If Sharpton were to run, he would join a crowded Democratic primary. Sen. Kamala Harris of California, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York and former Vice President Joe Biden are just a few high-profile Democrats who have hinted at running for the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
Sharpton has run for office before. He ran for the Senate three times in the 1980s and 1990s and the presidency in 2004.
Antifa Thugs Furious After Police Release Their Pics — Let’s Make Them Famous!
Police in Berkeley, California and Portland, Oregon, arrested several members of Antifa over the weekend. Now, the Berkeley Police Department has released the names and headshots of many of the individuals arrested during a Sunday protest, posting their pictures and making the unhinged leftists furious. Let’s make these fools famous!
According to The Daily Caller, police in Berkeley released the names and headshots on Twitter of several people arrested during a Sunday protest, and Antifa and its allies are not pleased. The Berkeley Police Department published the information for 15 out of 20 individuals they arrested, resulting in much criticism from left-wing activists. Berkeley Police’s tweets included arrested individuals’ names, ages, city of residence, as well as the charge on which they were arrested.
The arrests were made at a Sunday event billed as a “No to Marxism in Berkeley” rally by conservative activists. What should have been a peaceful demonstration, however, was disrupted by Antifa members hell-bent on breaking the law.
Before the rally, the city issued broad rules prohibiting “weapons” in the area and “anything … that can be used for a ‘riot’.” Officials also banned protesters from wearing masks. As usual, though, the Antifa failed to follow these rules, and thus, many of them were arrested.
Jason Wallach, 41-year-old male from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Kate Brenner, 69-year-old female from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Kristen Edith Koster, 50-year-old female from Berkeley, charged with possession of a dangerous weapon.
Maria Lewis, 29-year-old female from Emeryville, charged with carrying a banned weapon and working with others to commit a crime.
Thomas Parker, 22-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with working with others to commit a crime
Caitlin Boyle, 27-year-old female from Oakland, charged with working with others to commit a crime.
Blake Griffith, 29-year-old male from Oakland, charged with vandalism.
Sarena Perez, 39-year-old female from Oakland, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
David Chou, 26-year-old male from Santa Cruz, charged with possession of a banned weapon and working with others to commit a crime.
Freddy Martinez, 31-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with battery.
Ericka Sokolower-Shain, 28-year-old female from Berkeley, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Javier Cruz-O’Connell, 22-year-old male from Berkeley, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Jamie Hill, 30-year-old female from Emeryville, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Bella Podolsky, 27-year-old female from San Francisco, charged with possession of a banned weapon.
Andres Gonzalez, 35-year-old male from Oakland, charged with five counts of carrying a banned weapon.
Jeffrey Garten, 28-year-old male, from Oakland, charged with a single count of carrying a banned weapon.
The Guardian, which was among the left-leaning outlets that were clearly disgusted by the Berkeley Police Department’s move to release the Antifas’ names and headshots, reported:
Berkeley police have arrested more than a dozen anti-fascist activists and posted their names and photos on Twitter, raising concerns that the department was encouraging harassment and abuse.
Law enforcement’s unusual decision to immediately publicize the personal information and faces of arrested leftwing demonstrators on social media has sparked intense backlash. Critics have accused police of aiding the far right and endangering counter-protesters with “public shaming” and targeted arrests for alleged minor offenses.
The California police agency said it had arrested 20 people on Sunday at an “alt-right” rally, citing many of them for “possession of a banned weapon” or “working with others to commit a crime”. Most, if not all, of the people arrested were counter protesters, according to lawyers and activists working with demonstrators.
The department posted many of their names, photos and cities of residence on its official Twitter account on Sunday before anyone was formally charged. As of early Monday afternoon, a spokesperson for the local district attorney told the Guardian that Berkeley police had not yet brought the cases to prosecutors for consideration.
“This is very disturbing,” said Veena Dubal, a University of California law professor and former Berkeley police review commissioner. “It seems like a public-shaming exercise, which is not the role of the police department … They are making it really accessible for folks who might wish these people harm to locate them.”
Uncategorized7 months ago
Anonymous Releases Bone-Chilling Video of Huma Abedin
Uncategorized7 months ago
Tragic Announcement About Trump Children
Uncategorized6 months ago
U.S. owes black people reparations for a history of ‘racial terrorism,’ says U.N. panel
Uncategorized3 months ago
Do You Support Trump Repealing Obama’s Transgender Bathroom Laws
Uncategorized2 months ago
ABC Considers Firing Whoopi Goldberg For Spitting In Jeanine Pirro’s Face
Uncategorized3 months ago
BREAKING: $1.8 BIL Of Soros’ Money Just Intercepted – He Could Officially Go To Prison For Years
Uncategorized3 months ago
New Poll Finds That The Majority Side With Trump… Are You One Of Them?OPEN LINK AND VOTE
Uncategorized7 months ago
Democrat Lawyer Has Had Enough Clinton Corruption, Exposes Election Theft On National Stage